Saturday, June 30, 2007

Back again

Apologies for the lack of posting recently but I`ve been away to California for 12 days where I went with my mother who wanted to see friends in San Diego so I offered to accompany her. It was my first trip to the USA ( apart from an afternoon in Buffalo many years ago when staying in Toronto). After Monday-Friday in San Diego we went on an eight day coach tour with the excellent Caravan Tours. Quite a number of people on the tour turned out to be Catholics so we had some interesting discussions. I could have guessed that something significant would happen in Rome about the Motu Proprio when I was away and not near the Internet but I got the drift of what was going on via text message. However I`m going to have to spend some time digesting the accounts on Rorate Caeli to catch up!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time...

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Father - just in time for the Mass, Te Deum and champagne party it seems!

Fr Justin said...

I hope your return to find yourself mentioned in the Tablet hasn't spoiled your holiday, Father!

Fr Michael Brown said...

Am I mentioned in the Tablet? This and the BBC! They aren`t confusing me with Gordon? I have the last two copies in front of me and will start a search.

Fr Michael Brown said...

Fr Justin, I`ve found it at last. I see it is on the car park thing. I was hoping to be famous for association with the Latin Mass rather than as an amateur architecture critic but it was still a shock to see! I was amazed and delighted that anyone at the BBC should read this blog.

Kathleen Pluth said...

Hope you enjoyed your stay in San Diego--my beautiful home town!

Fr Michael Brown said...

Kathy, I had a lovely time in San Diego. It was a pity that I wasn`t there for a Sunday to be able to go to the Latin Mass. I said Mass at Our Lady of Grace. I particularly enjoyed the Pre-Raphelite exhibition at Balboa park.

Anonymous said...

Jesus is alive