Thursday, October 05, 2006

First Post

Today I started this blog more or less by accident as I wanted to comment on someone else`s blog and found that the only way to do so means you have to create your own. So here it is. I have been parish priest of St Mary`s for just over a year. I had ten years at St Wilfrid`s in Gateshead the latter two of which included also looking after St Joseph`s, the mother church of the town. Forest Hall was something of a surprise move. I also look after the parish of St Peter and Paul at Longbenton and as of the beginning of September am the moderator of a cluster of parishes including St Aidan`s, Benton and St Teresa`s Heaton. Fortunately Fr Kellet is still at St Teresa`s at Heaton and between us we run St Aidan`s. I am ably assisted by the ever amazing Fr David Milburn, now 80 years old, and living at St Peter and Paul`s.

1 comment:

Lawrence Lew OP said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere, Father. I used to attend a few of your Masses in St Joseph's when Dr Andrew Beards gave us lifts from Ushaw College. As you can see, I'm no longer in Ushaw and am now a Dominican friar.