Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Fifty Best Catholic Blogs

I was sent an email today by Karen Anderson, from the USA, who runs the site `Online Christian Colleges`. She informs me that she has compiled a list of the best 50 Catholic blogs. I was somewhat stunned to see that this blog is placed at number 17 with the description : `One parish priest blogs about the religious life, including insider comments on current news and events that affect the Church`. The list contains Catholic blogs from a wide variety of perspectives. Fr Z is there at number 13 and the Hermeneutic is number 11. Fr Blake is there too but I can`t understand why he is at no 24 as he is normally my first port of call in checking the blogs.

Anyway there are some blogs I`ve never heard of which look worth a try such as `The Recovering Dissident Catholic`and `Acts of the Apostasy` whose titles intrigue me.
There all kinds of other blogs listed on the site, such as the best 50 Buddhist or Mormon blogs!
Many thanks Karen.

10 comments:

Et Expecto said...

I agree. Fr Ray Blake should be somewhere near the top of the list.

Richard S Rainbow said...

Get a life! 50 Best Catholic Blogs? I find it difficult to find time to read even Forest Murmurs. Does no one nowadays read books, go to work, have conversations, have a hobby? What did you all do before blogs happened?

Kenneth said...

Richard S Rainbow said...

Get a life! 50 Best Catholic Blogs? I find it difficult to find time to read even Forest Murmurs. Does no one nowadays read books, go to work, have conversations, have a hobby? What did you all do before blogs happened?

Answer, read books, go to work, have conversations, have a hobby.

Seeker said...

Congratulations Father, your blog definitely belongs well up the list. You're always my first stop.

Richard S Rainbow said...

Thanks Kenneth!

1569 Rising said...

Father,

Like Seeker, this blog is always my first port of call, (just before Holy Smoke, Guido Fawkes and Ian Dale)

Since we have an international profile, are silly comments about potatoes, burning beds, dancing and the Milvain Club to be banned?

Congratulations!

madame evangelista said...

Yes, congratulations! Definitely deserves to be up there :)

Leo D said...

Should this list not be entitled Best 50 English language Catholic blogs? I am sure that many excellent Spanish, French, Italian, etc, etc, blogs might be miffed at being excluded from the 50 best list.

David O'Neill said...

My heart has been broken - no mention of the Milvain Club (not connected to the Milvain Bridge!) although it should now have it's proper name "The Muslim Temple". Ald Mrs Grantham would turn in her grave
David O'Neill

1569 Rising said...

David of the Broken Heart,

Was Ald. Mrs Grantham one of the Sisters that Richard kept banging on about doing the dancing at the Milvain Club?, because I was led to believe it was the Little Sisters who frequented the joint?

Anyway, isn't it now a Hindu Temple - one of our more ecumenically minded clergy would be able to tell us, since they no doubt go there a lot. Should suit David, they use rather a lot of incense, I believe.