Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Schola Gregoriana of Cambridge at Ushaw

I think I have already mentioned that the Schola Gregoriana of Cambridge are holding a weekend at Ushaw on 27th-28th June. You can read more about it here on their website. As you will see they are celebrating a High Requiem Mass in the extraordinary form on the Saturday at approximately 10.15am and an ordinary form Latin Mass on the Sunday at 11.15am. I`m looking forward to taking part as subdeacon on the Saturday. It`s getting harder to find singers of chant, in my experience, so if you think you would like to learn this is a great opportunity.

I was also very happy to see that this event is mentioned on the links page of the liturgy section of the diocesan website. Incidentally, the same page carried a mention of the Latin Mass Society`s recent Ushaw conference. I`m sorry I had failed to notice this as I generally only look at the main page.

No comments: